Thursday, May 23, 2013

WISH I WAS THERE (Cast News)


  • WISH I WAS THERE

Zach Braff
Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Zach Braff has announced that Kate Hudson will be joining the cast of his upcoming drama Wish I Was Here, playing the role of Sarah, the wife of Braff's own leading character, Aidan Bloom.



Braff's official announcement of her casting reads as follows:

The character of Sarah (my wife) needs to be pretty, funny, believable as a mother of two children ages 5 and 12 and an actress who’s skilled at both comedy and drama.

I fell in love with Kate Hudson when I first saw her in Cameron Crowe’s “Almost Famous”. (She was nominated for an Oscar for her portrayal of Penny Lane.)

Years later, we have become good friends. There’s an added benefit in already being close with the actor playing opposite you; a familiarity that’s real and isn’t forced. As we shoot in August, I loved the idea of jumping into this movie-marriage with someone with whom I’ve already shared lots of laughs.

Kate Hudson
Backers, I am honored and excited to introduce our leading lady: Kate Hudson.

Allow me to introduce our starting lineup thus far:

Zach Braff (me)
Kate Hudson
Mandy Patinkin
Josh Gad
Anna Kendrick
Jim Parsons
Donald Faison

P.S. We are about to be 40,000 people strong. Can't stop smiling. Love you all,

Zach

Wish I Was Here follows Bloom, a struggling actor, father and husband, who at 35 is still trying to find his identity; a purpose for his life. He and his wife are barely getting by financially and Aidan passes his time by fantasizing about being the great futuristic Space-Knight he'd always dreamed he'd be as a little kid.

When his ailing father can no longer afford to pay for private school for his two kids (ages 5 and 12) and the only available public school is on its last legs, Aidan reluctantly agrees to attempt to home-school them.

The result is some funny chaos, until Aidan decides to scrap the traditional academic curriculum and come up with his own. Through teaching them about life his way, Aidan gradually discovers some of the parts of himself he couldn't find.

No comments:

Post a Comment