Tuesday, February 19, 2013

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Update)


  • S.H.I.E.L.D.

Recently filming on the S.H.IE.L.D. TV series came to end. Now we got a little bit of an update concerning the show from Avengers director Joss Whedon, who hinted at the tone of the Marvel TV spinoff.

Coulson Lives
Whedon told TVLine, “I’m excited about the show because it’s a very hopeful show. It’s not about murder, and it’s not about crime, and it’s not people looking into their own belly buttons. It’s about people who are trying to help each other, and that’s one of the things I loved about comic books. They had costumes and the villains were cool [but] they stood for something, and I like doing a show that does that.”

When it came to its inclusion in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Whedon said, “We’re trying very hard to be true to [Marvel's] ethos and also to the structure of their universe. So it is definitely a Marvel show.”

On the other hand, the main characters are all original creations, not from the comics, though audiences are obviously very familiar with Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) at this point. Whedon stressed there was “not a ton” of familiar Marvel characters in S.H.I.E.L.D., though he added, “there’s a little bit of talk of that” should the pilot be picked up to series. As Whedon explained, “Right now, I want to involve people in the characters that we’ve created for the show and then we’ll worry about [the other stuff].”

Cobie Smulders has recently indicated there is a possibility of her appearing on S.H.I.E.L.D. in a guest role as Maria Hill, but with How I Met Your Mother renewed for Season 9, Whedon stressed to TVLine that Smulders' schedule will permit very little involvement, “but if we can get a hold of her anytime, we will.”

In addition to Clark Gregg, S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Brett Dalton and Chloe Bennet.

You excited much?? I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment