Monday, December 17, 2012

TRANSFORMERS 4 (Wahlberg Speaks)


  • TRANSFORMERS 4

Mark Wahlberg in Transformers
Last month, Mark Wahlberg officially landed a role in Transformers 4. ComingSoon.net caught up with the star at a press junket for his upcoming Broken City and talked a bit about his hopes for the franchise reboot.

"I'm really excited about 'Transformers,'" Wahlberg says. "Michael Bay and I just did 'Pain & Gain' and we had such a good time making it. He came to me and said, 'I'm kind of doing a whole different reboot on 'Transformers.' Are you interested?' I said, 'Yeah, I'll do it!'. I loved the idea and I think we can make something really cool and kick-ass. This is not something where it's already established and I'm just in there to get a paycheck. I'm thinking this is the most important role of my career and I can do something really special."

The current plan is for Transformers 4 to shoot in May and see a release on June 27, 2014. Adding to Wahlberg's excitement is the anticipation from a very specific demographic.

"It's the only time my kids have ever been interested in a movie I'm making," he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment