Thursday, January 17, 2013

S.H.I.E.L.D. (Joss could have directed Star Wars)


  • S.H.I.E.L.D.

If you didn’t know that Joss Whedon, the director of the third biggest film of ever, is a Star Wars fan, well now you do. It turns that the Avengers director would have loved the opportunity to have helmed the next film but unfortunately Joss is being overseeing Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series, Marvel’s Phase Two films and writing the Avengers 2 scirpt.

Joss Whedon 
"I'm as angry as you should be," says Whedon about not being able to take on a job of that size because of his Avengers 2 commitment. Which isn't to say that he was ever actually offered the Star Wars gig anyway. But still, CNN says that "With new Star Wars movies on the horizon, Whedon was eager to see if he could be a candidate to direct." But then he remembered that he's got S.H.I.E.L.D. and Avengers 2 to worry about.

"When I heard that I was like, 'I wonder... no, I really can't do that. Oh, I already have a job,'" the writer-director-fanboy savior tells CNN. "I wouldn't clear the Avengers. I'm having so much fun with that sequel right now, just with the script, that I couldn't imagine not doing it."

Whedon also talks a bit in the interview about his return to TV with S.H.I.E.L.D.

"I'd forgotten how much work TV was so I'm cranky at everybody all the time," he says. "But it's really fun. We have a beautiful ensemble and we're having so much fun coming up with the stories. It really is like working at Marvel Comics, which was a dream of mine as a kid because this little book S.H.I.E.L.D. that not that many people read ... It's not as big as the movies [and] we're telling smaller stories but we get to do it more often."

As for what Whedon would like to see in new Star Wars movies, how about more Han Solo? "We all missed the Han [Solo] of [the prequels]," he says. "It got very portentous, which was justified by the story, but I think we'd all like to see a little anarchy in the mix."

No comments:

Post a Comment