Sunday, January 27, 2013

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST (Cast News)


  • X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Since the announcement of X-Men: Days of Future Past, the cast has continued to grow as actors from both the original X-Men and X-Men: First Class are set to appear in the film.


Director Bryan Singer tweeted that Anna Paquin (Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) will all be back for the film. He then thanked X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner for having their characters survive. I guess that’s the only thing that he could thank Brett for since, he ruined the story.

Other cast members confirmed to return for the movie include Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman.

January Jones, who played Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, said she doesn't know if she would be returning for X-Men Days of Future Past in an interview with Collider.

“I don’t know that I’m in it, I don’t think Emma’s in this one.  Well they haven’t told me if I am (laughs).  I wouldn’t put it past them though, I got the script for the first one on the airplane on the way there.  It’s called Days of Future Past I think, and I think it’s more about James [McAvoy] and Michael [Fassbender] and then Patrick [Stewart] and Ian [McKellan], and I think it’s gonna go back and forth with those so I don’t think Emma’s in those bits.  I don’t know, I really don’t know.”

As Ms. Jones said, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender are all confirmed to return for the film, along with Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman. X-Men and X2 director Bryan Singer also returns behind the camera.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

No comments:

Post a Comment