Tuesday, January 22, 2013

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 (Poster Art)


  • STAR WARS: EPISODE 7

Retired artist Drew Struzan has maaged to work on some great pieces, including a painted poster for "Being Human", even though he is retired.

Discussing the new work with Fanhattan, Struzan also revealed that he's already been contacted by Walt Disney Pictures to potentially design new art for Star Wars: Episode VII and beyond.

"Oh my god, I’m trying to be retired!" Struzan laughs. " You know, I spent 35 years painting 'Star Wars'. I painted 'Star Wars' before most of you were born! But I guess there is always a chance. There’s no intention. But I would love to have a day off every now and again, and I have to work a weekend and all through the night. If the opportunity arises, it will be a real temptation. But it’s going to have to be a real temptation to get me away from my wife and my little grandkids and my family. Away from the green trees and the blue skies for a change instead of just locked in the studio. But, you know, never say never. All things are possible."

In addition to his work with past Star Wars films, Struzan is responsible for posters for The Thing, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and many, many more.

Star Wars: Episode VII, meanwhile, is still without an officially announced director but will feature a screenplay by Michael Arndt and a planned release date of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment