Tuesday, January 22, 2013

THOR: THE DARK WORLD (Alexander Interview)


  • THOR: THE DARK WORLD

The beautiful Jaimie Alexander has been real busy of late, as she is busy promoting her latest film, Last Stand. Speaking with Total Film, the action star spoke a little about Thor: The Dark World and her character Sif.

TF: How was it working on a production as big as Thor for your major breakout role?

Jaimie Alexander
JA: “I had this hunch that something was coming along. My show, Kyle XY, got cancelled, and I thought, ‘What’s next?’ There was a writers’ strike, so I was like, ‘What am I gonna do?!’ And then later in the year, this movie came up and I said, ‘Wow, if I was still on Kyle XY I couldn’t have taken the Thor job,’ so everything happened as it should, as it always does in life, I think.

But, yeah, it was a big turning point because I thought, ‘Wow, now I’m working with these actors that I really respect, like Anthony Hopkins, and this is a whole different ball game, y’know, and this will also be great exposure for me.’ And I was so happy to get to play a superhero. I’ve always played characters that have some sort of special power in a sense, or something about them that’s quite unique and so I was really lucky to get that role.

"And it’s a franchise, which is so great because I have young girls come up to me and say, ‘I was Sif for Halloween’, and you just think, ‘That was a positive effect.' It was a big turning point.”

TF: With Thor: The Dark World set to explore the Nine Realms, will we get to see more of Sif?

JA: “You do! You do get to see more Sif. A little bit more of everyone, I think, as it stands right now. Of course, you never know what can happen in the editing room, but we do explore Asgard quite a lot, and also some of the other realms that maybe you didn’t know of… [giggles]”

TF: Is it daunting to get involved with Marvel, knowing that you could potentially be appearing in a lot of films?

JA: “It’s intimidating in a good way, because there’s a little bit of job reassurance in it. But also, I love playing Sif, she’s one of my favourite characters I’ve ever played and so to be able to do that more than once is really nice, because in films usually it’s once, and then that’s it. It’s so nice to be able to go - ‘Oh, I’ll see you guys in two years,’ because I really love my cast mates on Thor, they’re so amazing, so it’s been great to come back and meet their children now. I mean, Chris [Hemsworth] has a baby, Natalie [Portman] has a baby. It’s so great.”

TF: Do Marvel give you an idea of the future films you will be appearing in, or are they pretty secretive with that stuff?

JA: “I think they keep it secret mostly because they know that we might slip and accidentally say something. I think it’s no secret that Marvel tries to make as many films as they can, so that possibility of there being a third installment of Thor is a strong possibility - I mean, we’ve seen it over and over again - but, we still don’t know. And like with this one, I was told for certain that it was happening about a month before I flew here.

I mean, it’s like you know it’s happening, but they won’t really confirm it until the last possible minute. So, I know when to start lifting weights. I do it two or three months ahead of time now so I don’t have to overdo it. But I’m like, ‘I know it’s coming around at about this time, so let me start lifting weights again!’”

Thor: The Dark World releases in 3D in November 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment