Monday, June 11, 2012

THOR 2 (Cast News)


    Josh Dallas as Fandral
  • THOR 2


The Warriors Three are down a man for now as actor Josh Dallas will be unavailable to reprise his role as Fandral the Dashing in Thor 2.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the reason for Dallas' departure is his ongoing commitment to the ABC series Once Upon a Time, which has been renewed for a second season.

Zachary Levi
 “I’ll be missing out on wearing all that hair,” said Dallas. “The timing wasn’t right. I’m bummed about it because I had such a great experience and great time making the first film and was really excited about coming back. Marvel and Disney tried to make it work. But because of my commitment to Once Upon a Time, I was not going to be able to do both. So I’ll have to hand the reins over to someone else. I love Marvel. I wish them all the best. I will certainly be first in line to see it."

Fandral has proven a bit of a hot potato as far as roles in Marvel movies go. Zachary Levi was up for the part in the first Thor movie, but pulled out due to his Chuck schedule. Then Stuart Townsend was cast only to get fired right as production was ramping up, which led to Dallas' 11th hour casting. Now another actor will be donning the green duds and blond goatee for the sequel.

Funny enough, Marvel went back to their original choice for the role, Zachary Levi (Chuck). Reports are suggesting that the star is in early talks with the Marvel studios, but nothing has been confirmed as yet.

We must say we very interested to see Levi’s take on the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment