Saturday, April 16, 2011

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER (CHRIS EVANS INTERVIEW)

  • CAPTAIN AMERICA GETS SHRINKED DOWN TO SIZE

Captain America After
Chris Evans always had a good body, but he really picked a whole lot of weight to play a super buff Captain America. Yet, after reviewing the trailer he isn’t taken on how well his new body looks… His more impressed on how the visual effects guys brought him down to size!!
We managed to get a piece of his interview with USA weekend, where he gives us his view of the exceptional work the visual effects guys managed to pull off.

Captain America Before
Evans told USA Weekend: "It was a crazy process doing that stuff. They went back and forth on the type of technology they were going to use. Initially, they were just going to do body shrinking, and then they thought, 'Well, maybe we can get another skinny actor and put Chris' head on it,' and I really, really was against that. I said to Joe [Johnston, the director], 'Look, I know we want this to look good and this effect to not be distracting from the film, but it has to be my performance. I don't want to share this. Your body is a huge piece of the acting puzzle, and I don't want to have somebody else's body tell the story that I'm trying to tell.'"

He continued, "So they did some tweaking and they did a bunch of tests and we went back to the initial plan to shrink my body. Anytime my body's completely still, if I'm lying on that bed or if I'm sitting in a chair not moving, it was easier for them to put my head on a smaller body. But anytime there was movement or action or acting involved, Joe and I were pretty adamant about saying, 'Look, you've got to shrink me down.' And they did. I haven't seen the film yet, but I've seen a couple different scenes of the shrunken stuff and it looks amazing."

No comments:

Post a Comment