Monday, April 18, 2011

G.I. JOE 2


  • G.I JOE 2 GETS READY TO STEP UP WITH TRUE GRIT

Jon Chu (Step Up 3D) the director of the upcoming G.I. Joe sequel reboot, has promised that the film will have a more realistic grittiness element that was missing from its predecessor.

The director who is also a Joe fan told our source that "when I found out they were doing a second one, I [told Paramount] you've got to do this one the way we've always wanted to see - and they were like, what do you mean? And there's a reality to Joe, there's like grittiness to Joe. When I would burn them and their arm would fall off, the story would revolve around the guy whose arm fell off. It was about how each figurine had their own special accessory that was a part of their identity."

Chu added, "It was always that detail, that grittiness that I feel like if Joe had it in there, it would be a totally different movie and have a totally different feel. So I approached them about what that would be like, and they loved the idea. And they had a script that was close, and we're going now in and making it the way it should be. And the script they have is really good, actually, so we now want to build in a few more things that will make it even better."
                   DUKE (left) , STORM SHADOW (Center) & SNAKE EYES (right)

G.I Joe 2 is still in the early phases of production. Chu has also stated that he does not know which cast members will be returning. However, we heard that only Duke, Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow will be the only characters that will be returning from the last film.
Chu is looking to film the movie in 3D, but the studio isn’t to keen on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment