Monday, May 9, 2011

TOTAL RECALL



  • TOTAL RECALL

Colin Farrell is getting set to star in Total Recall, a new version of the 1990 sci-fi film (based on the Philip K. Dick story "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale") starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. I recently spoke to Farrell and we talked a bit about how this version – directed by Underworld/Live Free or Die Hard's Len Wiseman -- will be distinct from the original.
Colin Farrell                          Total Recall

Said Farrell, "The film, tonally, is really different. I loved that original and I've seen it recently and it's still great. It's so enjoyable from start to finish. But it's really camp. I'm not sure how camp it was back then, because I didn't have a reference for such notions when I was a kid." Added Farrell, with a smile, "I didn't find out my brother was gay until later, so I didn't know what was camp! But yes, it is very much a different tone. It's quite a bit darker."

"I say this not in a disparaging way, but there's not as many kind of winks to the audience. It's played a lot more straight," remarked the actor. "And of course, it's going to be with the advent of certain technologies and special effects. I've seen some of the pre-vis stuff that Len has already designed with his team. It's f**king amazing, man! I don't know what the film is going to be like, but lookswise, it's incredible."

No comments:

Post a Comment