Friday, September 16, 2011

SINGULARITY (In Development)


  • SINGULARITY

Roland Emmerich's participation in the game-to-film adaptation of Asteroids, the disaster master has now officially bowed out of the project. He has instead decided to move forward on another sci-fi film, Singularity.
Roland Emmerich

"I was very honored that they wanted to have me as a director," Emmerich said. "I kind of liked the script very much, but at that time I was writing with my writing partner Harold Kloser on a new script called Singularity, and I opted for that."

Collider reports that Emmerich wants to take a slightly different route with Singularity, noting that the disaster genre is starting to feel a little played out. With this film, it's a completely new idea and something that he claims we've never seen before.

"It takes place in the future 40 years from now," says Emmerich. "It's like kind of this moment where computer technology is so advanced that we kind of -- it's the danger of losing control."

Singularity is currently scheduled to begin filming in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment