Friday, September 30, 2011

WANTED 2 (In Development)

  • WANTED 2

It appears that Wanted 2 is finally moving forward at Universal Pictures. Derek Haas, who, with writing partner Michael Brandt, adapted the 2008 original, tweeted the following:

“Michael and I were just hired by Uni to write WANTED 2.”

Following the post, The Wrap caught up with Haas, who said that the film is currently without a director but that the storyline will, "take off after the events of what just happened. Pick up Wesley a few years later and go back in for another round."

Though unconfirmed, the implication is that James McAvoy will return to the role of Wesley Gibson, an accountant-turned-assassin. The original also starred Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie, but at least the latter does not plan on returning.

"Being dead makes it difficult," she said last year, "They were [trying to bring me back], but I kind of feel like if I die in a movie, I should die actually... It would just be doing the exact same thing in another movie, so it's not that interesting to me."

Mr. Haas then took to twitter and he said:

"To answer 2 questions I've been asked today: our draft of W2 will be Fox-less and Loom-less."

Fox, of course, refers to Jolie's character and the Loom to the mystical device that dispensed assassination targets in the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment