Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES (Josh Hutcherson speaks)


  • JOURNEY TO THE HUNGER GAMES

Total Film recently caught up with Josh Hutcherson, they managed to get a few words out of him, about his latest film, The Hunger Games.

Hutcherson, Journey To The Center Of The Earth and The Kids Are All Right, plays Peeta in the upcoming adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ wildly successful novel.
Josh Hutcherson

Peeta is one half of District 12’s effort in the fight-to-the-death tournament, with Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) being the other. Though, judging by what Hutcherson told us, the movie’s audition process sounds almost as gruelling as the games themselves:

“Mentally it was tough because I’d never connected with a character more than I did with Peeta. I felt he was so much like who I am as a person that I was like, “If I don’t get it, I won’t understand.” It drove me crazy.”

He is also abit worried if the Hunger Games becomes the next Twilight.

“I’m terrified of what my life could become. As an actor, everyone hopes one day to be that well known but at the same time to be thrust into it instantaneously is overwhelming.

“If it does happen, I’ll be grateful and terrified at the same time.”

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island opens on 3 February in the states and the 16 March in SA, with The Hunger Games following on 23 March 2012 in the States and the 21 March in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment