Monday, January 23, 2012

TOTAL RECALL (Director Updates)

  • TOTAL RECALL

Colin Farell in Total Recall


Len Wiseman did a bit of press for the release of his film Underworld Awakening. During some discussions the director gave an update on Total Recall.




Here is what he had to say:
"I'm very close to handing over my cut. It's going really well," he said. "The combination of mystery and emotion and action, it's coming together. Colin [Farrell] is a large part of that and I'm really happy with him."



Wiseman went on to express the most complicated and, as a director taking on the material, most surprising aspect of the sci-fi/thriller.



"I think the complexity of the dual stories was the most surprising and challenging thing," he said. "When you see Total Recall, the [Paul] Verhoeven film you experience it, it's finished. When you're involved in diving into the material again and going back into the Philip K. Dick story, you realize there is so much to be discussed about the dual stories. There's the reality story and there's the fantasy element. They're running parallel together, so you always have to keep those two alive. That's the inherent nature of the concept and what makes the concept so cool."



"I will say, at the same time, this made all of the conversation I had with my cast fun," Wiseman added. "Every little detail has to apply to both scenarios. My actors would ask, 'So, in this scene, am I - because I know that I'm lying, because I'm the double agent - how well do I act? It sounds like a silly question, but do you want the other character to see through that or am I so good as a double agent that you would never suspect I'm the best buddy or the wife.' It's all of those little things. So, that's my long way of saying the dual nature of the story was the best thing about this."


Total Recall stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bryan Cranston, John Cho and Bill Nighy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment