Sunday, January 22, 2012

SKYFALL (Cast Rumours)


  • SKYFALL

Naomie Harris says she will not be playing Miss Moneypenny in the new Bond film Skyfall.

MI-6 points out this interview with Harris and her fellow Bond girl Berenice Marlohe wherein she shot down the notion that her field agent character Eve somehow later becomes Miss Moneypenny, M's chief assistant.
Berenice Marlohe, Daniel Craig & Naomie Harris

"The idea of me being Moneypenny was a good, racy rumour," Harris told Live. "But Eve is not remotely office-bound. She gets to see plenty of action. That meant a lot of gun training." Harris told the magazine the idea of her as Moneypenny never even entered the discussion.

"What drew me to this was the opportunity to play a new kind of Bond Girl," said Harris. "I wouldn't go as far as to say that we're going for a feminist take on the Bond Girl, because that has so many connotations to different people. But I would say that we are Bond Girls who are multi-faceted, intelligent and capable."

Meanwhile, Marlohe described her character Severine as "glamorous and enigmatic." She added, "I get to see less action on screen than Naomie but I wanted to get the feel of guns in order to find my way into my character. I love guns – I have fake ones at home – so I grabbed the opportunity to hold a real one on the set. I got to handle a Beretta 70. It's a nice gun. ... I definitely see myself more as a Bond Lady than a Bond Girl."

So there you have it, Bond will not get MoneyPenny in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment