Sunday, April 15, 2012

AVENGERS (News Update)


  • AVENGERS (New Scene Filmed, Update and Images)

The Avengers Assembled at the Premiere

Robert Downey Jr. makes a lot of off the cuff remarks when doing press, but his latest comment got everyone wondering if he was kidding or not.






At Wednesday's press conference for Marvel's The Avengers, the Iron Man star said they were going to shoot one last scene that night, which was the night of the film's premiere. Director Joss Whedon said Downey was kidding, while Marvel Studios honcho and Avengers producer Kevin Feige is said to have looked visibly irritated by Downey's remark.


So Downey was just joking, right? Not according to his co-star, Hulk actor Mark Ruffalo, who confirmed the shoot for The Playlist: "We're shooting a scene tonight. I'm not sure exactly where it's gonna go. All I know is that someone came in with the costume and said, 'Here's some wardrobe. We don't know where you're going to be or what you're doing.'"


So are we looking at a post-credits coda setting up Captain America 2, Thor 2 or Iron Man 3, the latter of which is the next Marvel film set to go before cameras? We'll find out when Avengers opens May 4.

Speaking of Iron Man 3, Downey spoke to The Hollywood Reporter. For the threequel, don't expect Stark to be as relentlessly glib as he was in Iron Man 2 and Avengers.


"There's a little bit of a return to that, I think, just for entertainment's sake, in the Avengers, which is appropriate," said Downey. "But for Iron Man 3, we are going to back to the exploration of this character, which is what made the franchise work to begin with."

Mark Ruffalo has been discussing his role as the Hulk. More specifically, he's been discussing the possibility of a solo movie…

'I was a comic book fan when I was a kid and I always loved the Hulk," says Ruffalo. "When The Incredible Hulk, that show, came on, I would not miss that. And so if I was going to find myself in that world, this would be the guy that I would be most interested in doing."

"To make a very short answer long: Yeah, I'd love to have him do his own movie." And as for his work on The Avengers, Ruffalo is proud to have entered a very exclusive club…

"I've been having a lot of fun with the Hulk motion-capture stuff," he explains. "The only distinction that I hold is that I am the only actor to ever play Banner and the Hulk. So I've been working a lot with ILM … no one will be able to blame ILM fully if this Hulk doesn't work!"

Ruffalo also went on to describe how Bruce Banner fits into the team, particularly focusing upon his relationship with Iron Man.

"We're trying to bring out this charm in him, and maybe this idea that he wants to be a superhero," he says. "I mean, he looks at Stark and he's like, 'That's the dude who did what I was intending to do. He's the model. He made it work.' So Banner and Stark have a very cool relationship in the movie."

The Avengers opens in South Africa on 26 April, and in the USA on 4 May.


No comments:

Post a Comment