Friday, April 27, 2012

STAR TREK 2 (Cast Talk)


  • STAR TREK 2

Chris Pine
With production nearing an end on J.J. Abrams' much-anticipated (and still officially untitled) Star Trek sequel, returning star Chris Pine and newcomer villain Benedict Cumberbatch spoke with Access Hollywood and Zap2It, respectively, about the May 17th release (via TrekWeb).

"Of course I'm gonna tell you I think it's gonna be better," Pine laughs, "You pick up the characters from where they left off, and the development of the characters, I think, is just as exciting as the first one... And it's relentless. I think that's the best adjective I can use."

As far as Cumberbatch's role, the "Sherlock" star only teased the faintest of details.

"I've gone up two suit sizes," he says, "The character I'm playing, he's strong. I can say that much. I've changed my physique a bit, so that requires eating like a foie gras goose, well beyond your appetite, And, providing I don't feel too ill, I then work out two hours a day with a phenomenal trainer. It's the L.A. way."

Also starring John Cho, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Alice Eve and Peter Weller, Star Trek 2, is planning a 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D release.

No comments:

Post a Comment