Sunday, September 2, 2012

IRON MAN 3 (Pearce Speaks)


  • IRON MAN 3

Iron Man 3
Do you remember that remake film of The Time Machine, that starred Guy Pearce?? Well if you do then you would be part of a small contingent of people on the planet that probably watched the film, yet when Pearce was speaking about his role in Iron Man 3, a certain Time Machine got brought up.

"The main difference was that, when I did The Time Machine, I was pretty much in all of it, so it was a really grueling experience," he told Vulture.

 "Prometheus and Iron Man are really kind of cameo stuff, so the experience of shooting them ... I mean, on some level, it's tricky because you feel like a bit of an outsider. You don’t really live the experience that you do when you're there all day every day with everybody. But at the same time, it can be more fun sometimes because you're just working in concentrated spurts."

Guy Pearce
The funny thing is, that anybody who watched Prometheus would tell you that his role in Prometheus was small, but was not a cameo appearance by any means. So here’s the thing, will Guy Pearce actually just have a cameo in the film, or is his role essentially so small, like his 10-15 minutes of screen time in Prometheus that he just considers it to be a cameo? We will just have to wait and see now don’t we.

Pearce then went on to talk about how he almost played Daredevil back in the day.

"The thing about Daredevil was that it was the role of Daredevil [that I didn't want to do]," he recalls. "Certainly in those days ... it was 10 years ago. I've probably loosened up, and I feel a little more experimental in what I'll take on these days, but I still don't know that I would want to play the superhero myself, since I'm playing a different kind of character in this film. And I think that, based on the first two movies, there's a great chemistry between Robert [Downey Jr.] and Gwyneth [Paltrow], and I just think the films have a fun, joyful sort of quality about them. I've just enjoyed them. So I just felt like I wanted to be a part of this."

I would love to see Pearce as Daredevil, if Marvel is looking to reboot the franchise. What other superhero would want Guy Pearce to play, let us know and comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment