Thursday, September 13, 2012

SAMURAI JACK (Update)


  • SAMURAI JACK

During an interview for Hotel Transylvania at this year's Toronto International Film Festival, director Genndy Tartakovsky gave us some new insight into the long-gestating Samurai Jack film and when we might get a chance to finally see it hit the big screen.

“I've been trying so hard every year, and the one amazing thing about Jack is that I did it in 2001, you know, and it still survived. There's something about it that's connected with people. And I want it, it's number 1 on my list, and now Bob Osher, the President (of Digital Production at Sony Picture Entertainment), is like 'Hey, let's talk about Jack. Let's see what we can do.'  And I go, 'You're going to do a 2D feature animated movie?' and he's like, 'Yeah. Maybe. Let's do some research and let's see.' So it's not dead for sure by any means, and it's still on the top of my list, and I'm trying as hard as I can.”

He also added that the unfortunate passing of lead voice actor Mako (who played the shape-shifting master of darkness Aku) would certainly be an issue he'll have to resolve before moving forward.

Samurai Jack told the story of a lone samurai warrior trapped in a distant future, fighting the evil forces of the demon Aku to set right what once went wrong and return to his own time. The show ran for 4 seasons ending in 2004 with the passing of Mako, leaving the show without a definitive conclusion.

Fans have been hoping for a conclusion to the story ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment