Monday, August 13, 2012

KICK-ASS 2 (Fonseca Speaks)


  • KICK-ASS 2

Kick-Ass 2 is set to begin filming in September with most of the cast from the original film returning including Lyndsy Fonseca, who played Kick-Ass’ girlfriend, Katie.

At Comic Con last month, Fonseca discussed the possibilities of her returning for the film, as she is a season regular on the TV show “Nikita” which could cause a conflict in filming.

Lyndsy Fonseca
Fonseca said, “Somehow I’m supposed to do Kick-Ass 2 this year. I’m so excited, and I just pray that it all works out! I don’t know. They know that I’m on the show, so it’s not going to be a month of work because I can’t. I can’t do it. But I’ll at least be able to do something, which is very kind of them.”

The actress remarked, “I love Jane [Goldman], the writer, and Aaron [Johnson] and Chloe [Moretz]. I just love that group.” Fonseca noted -- with some humorous exaggeration -- that when they shot the first one, “Aaron, Kick-Ass, was 19. Now he’s married with, like, four kids. Everyone’s just grown and become great people.”

Regarding the Kick-Ass 2 script, Fonseca said, “I read it. I think I read the latest draft -- I don’t think there’s been a new one -- and it was fantastic. It actually plays really well with how Chloe has grown up a little bit, but she’s not yet a young woman. I loved it. I think it’s really good.”

As for Katie, Fonseca revealed, “She’s just in the beginning, so far. I’m just happy to be involved." She laughed, adding, "She’s still the strange Katie – somewhat girl next door but has strange, drug-addict boyfriends and works at the needle exchange. Very contradicting personality traits... It’s still that weird!”

Fonseca hadn’t met Kick-Ass 2 director, Jeff Wadlow, at the time of the interview with IGN. “I’m going to meet with him, though, before we start. He seems incredibly nice though. He’s very excited, and I’m excited. Matthew [Vaughn]’s producing it, but I think it will be kind of cool to have a new point of view for the sequel.”

Looking back on the experience of making the film, Fonseca remarked, “I knew for a fact when I was in London working with these kids, I was like, ‘Every one of you are going to literally take over Hollywood.’ They’re all amazing, and it was really cool to see them all in their little baby phases. I’m just so proud of them all.”

When it was pointed out to Fonseca that she was speaking as though she was much older than her costars she laughed and replied, “I know! I know! And I’m not. I’m just proud!”



Kick-Ass 2 starts filming next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment