Sunday, November 27, 2011

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (Christian Bale Speaks)

  • BATMAN CALLS IT QUITS
"I wrapped a few days ago so that will be the last time I'm taking that cowl off. ... I believe that the whole production wrapped yesterday, so it's all done. Everything's finished. It's me and Chris – that will be the end of that Batman era." So said Christian Bale about next summer's The Dark Knight Rises.

Bane takes on Batman
While promoting his upcoming film The Flowers of War, the Oscar-winning actor told the Philippine Daily Inquirer that he knew his co-star Anne Hathaway was perfect to play Catwoman when they shot her screen test together:

What does Bane 
"When Chris [Nolan, the director] watched the screen test, he agreed that Anne did a wonderful job. In many ways, she has the hardest job. There are a number of people who feel that the Catwoman role has been defined previously. So, I always saw Anne's role as being the toughest job of any of us. In my case, I've stopped referencing outside sources. I now reference Chris' own world of Batman as a guide to what I will continue doing."

Bale similarly praised Bane actor Tom Hardy as "a phenomenal actor." He added, "I know that Bane has been seen in movies before. But, in my eyes, Tom is essentially creating Bane for the first time so there's great freedom for him to be able to do so."

No comments:

Post a Comment