Thursday, November 17, 2011

STAR TREK 2 (News Update)


  • STAR TREK SEQUEL


TrekMovie has posted an update on the production for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel. The site says that filming officially starts on January 15, 2012 for a 2013 release.

Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof have been working on 3rd draft of the script, though it's pretty much ready to go.

The site adds some spoilerish details on the locations that may be used:

TrekMovie has learned that Abrams himself traveled to Hawaii to scout a location, which is being seriously considered for a "jungle planet." Shooting will also include a museum in Los Angeles standing in for what a source said was a "famous Star Trek location." As per usual with a Star Trek film, studio shooting will take place on a number of stages on the Paramount lot.

While all the main cast of the first film will return, none of the new roles have been cast so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment