Thursday, November 24, 2011

THE HOBBIT (Update)


  • THE HOBBIT

Fan made Smaug
If you've read J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, then you probably can't wait to see how Peter Jackson plans to bring Smaug the Dragon to life on the big screen.

As we recently found out, English thespian Benedict Cumberbatch was chosen to undertake the physical role of the scaly antagonist, and it sounds like he's already well on his way to preparing for the arduous motion-capture experience.

"I'm physicalizing him as a dragon," says Cumberbatch. "I'm not just doing the voiceover, so it'll be a physical role which I'm no stranger to... I've already started working out and doing various movement exercises to get myself limber for that all-important jump suit with balls on it, otherwise known as motion-capture. But I can't wait, I'm really excited."

According to Total Film, the actor begins filming in January.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is scheduled to hit theaters on December 14, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment