Sunday, November 27, 2011

GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Rooney Mara Speaks)

  • GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

Rooney Mara’s take as social hacker Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is perhaps the most anticipated performance of the year.

Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander
There might be a lot to live up to (fans of the books, fans of the Swedish adaptations, an astonishing performance from Noomi Rapace), but all the evidence so far suggests that Mara has created a Lisbeth to be reckoned with.

Total Film got the chance to talk with the star of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, she evidently shared an affinity with the character who’s become an instant icon:

 “I felt like there was something at Lisbeth’s core that was at my core too. I could really relate to that,” she told us, adding, “I’m not really a group or team person.”

That’s not to say she wasn’t aware of the ramifications of taking on such an iconic character, explaining, “When he [David Fincher] offered me the part he explained to me that this film had the potential to change my life, not necessarily for the better.”

Of course, it wasn’t easy: “It was very emotionally draining, and physically probably even more so,” she says. Then, a half-smile: “I don’t think you can understand the character unless you’ve been through a winter in Sweden…”

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opens on 26 December 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment