Monday, August 6, 2012

THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE (Hoffman Speaks)


  • THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman recently joined the cast of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, EW reports.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman

 But why did the Oscar winner decided to join this teen phenomenon series,  “I liked the people involved,” says Hoffman, who recently signed on to play Head Gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee. “It’s a great group of actors. It’s a great environment. And the character was something I was attracted to. It was just an interesting role.

[SPOILER ALERT] He’s somebody who’s part of the revolution, but you don’t know it. The idea that somebody would be risking themselves in such an extreme way to join something that’s that dangerous because he thinks it’s the future…that’s interesting stuff, you know?”

Hoffman hadn’t read Suzanne Collins’ best-selling novels when he found out he might be up for a role, so he watched the first movie and is currently halfway through the second book. “It’s good,” he says. “I’ve read the script, which is true to the book — I kinda ruined it for myself. [Laughs] But I’m reading it anyway, because I really want to find out everything I need to know about this guy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment